This is a big catch-up post as I've fallen behind in the last couple of weeks:
[Mastering Business Analysis] Agile Manifesto – What it Means to Business Analysts http://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/mba089-agile-manifesto-what-it-means-to-business-analysts/
- In this episode, they take a look at the 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto and see what they mean in the context of Business Analysis
- How to apply each of the 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto to Business Analysis
- The mindset shift we need to make to be successful in agile environments
- What you can do to adopt agile practices, even in waterfall environments
[Developer Tea] Deliberate Practice: Part 1 https://dev.to/developertea/deliberate-practice-part-1
- Learning About Learning
- The Role of Deliberate Practice in the Acquisition of Expert Performance (white paper)
- Code Kata - A Practice Arena for Becoming a Better Programmer
[Developer Tea] Deliberate Practice: Part 2 https://dev.to/developertea/deliberate-practice-part-2
[The Ruby Rogues] The Evolution of Agile and Evolutionary Design https://devchat.tv/ruby-rogues/275-rr-the-evolution-of-agile-and-evolutionary-design-with-james-shore
- Co-opting Agile and the movement away from technology/software
- Agile Alliance Technical Conference
- Agile Fluency Model
- Evolutionary Design in Agile
- Technical Practices and Agile Architecture
- Procrastinate on Purpose
- Engineering on a Team Level
- Redesigning Team Responsibilities
[The Ruby Rogues] Software Craftsmanship https://devchat.tv/ruby-rogues/030-rr-software-craftsmanship-with-noel-rappin
[Devnology Podcast] 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know - Kevlin Henney http://devnology.nl/podcasts/devnology-podcast-025-kevlin-henney
- Kevlin shares his thoughts on the software craftmanship movement and states his opinion on the discussion whether our profession is a form of engineering or not.
[Simple Programmer Podcast] What Are The Areas You Should Master In Life? http://simpleprogrammer.libsyn.com/217-what-are-the-areas-you-should-master-in-life-simple-programmer-podcast
- Talking about what are the areas of your life that you MUST master.
[Software Engineering Radio] Kief Morris on Infrastructure as Code http://www.se-radio.net/2016/09/se-radio-episode-268-kief-morris-on-infrastructure-as-code/
- Why this concept is becoming increasingly important due to cloud computing. They discuss best practices for writing infrastructure code, including why you should treat your servers as cattle, not pets, as well as how to monitor your cattle.
- The benefits — security, auditability, testing, documentation, and traceability.
- How to introduce infrastructure as code to organizations.
[Simple Programmer Podcast] Can You Really Learn Anything In 3 Months? http://simpleprogrammer.libsyn.com/214-can-you-really-learn-anything-in-3-months-simple-programmer-podcast
[Cloud foundary summit] Devops, microservices and platforms, oh my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4mQHPWuUY
[Nordic APIs] Microservices Anti-Patterns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I56HzTKvZKc
- When microservices are appropriate, and where to draw the lines between services.
- Dealing with performance issues (data affinity, parallelism, monitoring).
- Testing and debugging techniques.
- Managing a polyglot landscape and the explosion of platforms.
- Managing failure and graceful degradation.
- If you’re an active programmer, then you’re either building a microservice architecture now, or you’re about to inherit someone else’s. This talk will give you the tools to build yours right, and to quickly identify shortcomings of those you have to work within.
[Talks at Google] Scott Berkun- The Art of Project Management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhA04D_xfp8
[Agile Vancouver] Deception and Estimation How We Fool Ourselves - Linda Rising https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmFsu4yM-Jw
[Eat Sleep Code Podcast] Better code with functional programming http://developer.telerik.com/content-types/podcast/better-code-with-functional-programming/
- We discuss how functional programming has made its way back into modern development, clean coding, and more.