[Developing Up] Using D.U.M.B goals and S.M.A.R.T goals to grow http://www.developingup.com/1
- Goals and goal writing systems
- Why goals matter for personal and career growth
- How you can create and write goals using specific goal writing systems
- How to succeed in your goals
- S.M.A.R.T Goals
- D.U.M.B Goals
- Why SMART goals are Lame
[.NET Rocks!] nServiceBus Update with Udi Dahan http://www.dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?ShowNum=1353
- SOA, microservices and actors
- Version 6 of nServiceBus
[Hello Tech Pros] Flight 1549 "Sully" Survivor and Software Architect Ben Bostic on Motivation http://hellotechpros.com/ben-bostic-motivation/
- Life changing events can lead to reflecting on life goals.
- In survival-mode, your mind filters out things that aren’t helpful.
- If all your worldly possessions are sinking to the bottom of a river, do you really care?
- Try to live in the now. Don’t worry about the past or regrets.
- Have goals and dreams. Focus on building stronger relationships.
- Get rid of negativity and surround yourself with more positive people.
- When life flashes before your eyes, will you regret the things you have yet to do?
[Software Engineering Daily] Tech Leadership with Jeff Norris http://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/09/22/tech-leadership-with-jeff-norris/
- The role of “tech lead” is a combination of a software engineer, a project manager, and an architect
[Soft Skills Engineering] Writing Great Resumes and Pushing Back on Non-Engineering Tasks https://softskills.audio/2016/09/19/episode-27-resumes-and-non-engineering-tasks/
- Do you really need a resume these days?
- How important is formatting and good design?
- What content should be on your resume?
- How and when to push back on non-engineering tasks like powerpoint
[Adventures in Angular] 112 AiA Upgrading from Angular 1.x to Angular 2 https://devchat.tv/adv-in-angular/112-aia-upgrading-from-angular-1-x-to-angular-2
- Should everybody update to Angular 2?
- Defining migration
- Is migration worth it?
- Schedule for rewriting large and small apps
- Business versus Technology: Rewriting apps
- Process for migrating from Angular 1 to Angular 2
- Role of testing in a migration
[Software Engineering Daily] Remote Work with Scott Berkun http://softwareengineeringdaily.com/2016/09/29/remote-work-with-scott-berkun/
- Thoughts and perspectives on remote work
- Workplace dynamics
[.NET Rocks!] The Scourge of Multitasking with Ben Day http://www.dotnetrocks.com/?show=1355
- You can't multitask! Carl and Richard talk about the myth and scourge of multitasking, which has been proven again and again to not actually work. Ben talks about how the human brain is not that different from a microcomputer CPU - the context shifts involved in multitasking are expensive, and if you do too much of it, you spend all your time switching contexts, rather than actually getting work done. The conversation digs into all sorts of good discussion around productivity, but first and foremost, it is about getting things done - focus on one task until you're finished, then move on!