UpgradesWe have recently upgraded many of our .net projects to use C#6 and .net 4.6.1. At the same time we upgraded nunit to nunit3 on all our build servers. Problem was that GoCd (our CI server) doesn't recognize the new nunit3 result format, only the older more ubiquitous junit/nunit2 xml format. whilst failing tests would cause the build to break you had to dig into the console output to see the failures rather than looking in the tests tab.
InvestigationThe solution to the problem was to get the nunit3 console runner to output results xml in the old nunit2 style, easier said than done. The documentation for the runner is actually quite bad in this regard. All it says is: "The --result option may use any of the following formats. nunit2" but doesn't actually show how. I ended up in the source code for the nunit3-console.tests and saw the answer burred within.
SolutionThe final command i ended up with is as follows:
nunit3-console --result:"Result.xml;format=nunit2" --where "cat!=Integration" .\tests.dll
This output was then able to be imported into Go and we again get visibility of the numbers of tests run, passing and failing on the go server.
Thanks to all who responded on the google group discussion pointing me in the right direction.