Programming and Testing[Functional Geekery] Robert C. Martin https://www.functionalgeekery.com/episode-1-robert-c-martin/
- In this episode I talk with Robert C. Martin, better known as Uncle Bob. about:
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Introducing children to programming
- TDD and the REPL
- Compatibility of Functional Programming and Object Oriented Programming
[Cross Cutting Concerns] Jesse Riley sucks at unit testing http://crosscuttingconcerns.com/Podcast-031-Jesse-Riley-sucks-at-unit-testing
- Jesse Riley and I discuss unit testing and how to do it better
[Channel 9] A Broad View of Machine Learning https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/trailer/codechat-068-a-broad-view-of-machine-learning-codechat/vp-BBE9hLv
- Rick Barraza (@rickbarraza) works in the AI space at Microsoft, and is particularly good at communicating the concepts of the seemingly (and actually) complex world of machine learning.
- In this interview, Rick clarifies the terms machine learning (ML), deep neural networks (DNN), and artificial intelligence (AI), and attempts to cast a vision for this technology in the near and distant future. And an exciting future it is!
Agile[Mastering Business Analysis] Lightning Cast: The Agile BA Mindset http://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/agile-business-analyst-mindset/
- How can a Business Analyst be successful in an Agile environment? We can use a lot of the same tools, techniques, and approaches that we would use in a traditional environment. By adopting a different mindset, we apply those tools in a different way.
- Using lean and Agile approaches, we’re able to iterate by delivering smaller chunks and get feedback along the way so that we can adapt to changing customer needs.
[Deliver It] #NoEstimates https://ryanripley.com/afh-073-noestimates-deliver-cast/
- What is #NoEstimates
- How #NoEstimates impacts the work of Product Owners
- Why data (not guesses) help teams make better decisions and deliver value sooner
/stuff[Becoming Superhuman] David Heinemeier Hansson: An Interview With A Real-world Superlearner https://becomingasuperhuman.com/david-heinemeier-hansson-interview-real-life-superlearner/
- Strip out of your brain that there are speed limits to learning… You can compress most learning trajectories into a much, much shorter amount of time…
- In this episode, I wanted to deconstruct David’s thinking process and figure out how he learns so much so effectively. I wanted to understand how he has managed to be so successful in two entirely different worlds, and see what tips he had to offer to anyone looking to live a life as diverse as his.
[TED] How a handful of tech companies control billions of minds every day https://www.ted.com/talks/tristan_harris_the_manipulative_tricks_tech_companies_use_to_capture_your_attention
- A handful of people working at a handful of tech companies steer the thoughts of billions of people every day, says design thinker Tristan Harris.
- From Facebook notifications to Snapstreaks to YouTube autoplays, they're all competing for one thing: your attention.
- Harris shares how these companies prey on our psychology for their own profit and calls for a design renaissance in which our tech instead encourages us to live out the timeline we want.
[Blinkist] GTD - David Allen Says Your Brain Is Not A Hard Drive https://www.blinkist.com/magazine/posts/simplify-productivity-david-allen
- we talk to productivity guru David Allen about how to keep things simple while still taking advantage of every opportunity.
- if you ever get the feeling that there simply aren’t enough hours in a day for all you want to get done, or that you’re prioritizing the wrong things, Allen’s method is an essential tool for achieving the goals that are most important to you.
- By the end of the episode, you’ll understand exactly what next actions you should take to work more effectively.
[2000 Books] 120[Execution] Power of Habit - Change your negative habits in 3 weeks http://2000books.libsyn.com/120execution-power-of-habit-1-precise-exercise-to-change-your-negative-habits-in-3-weeks-flat
- One PRECISE Exercise to change your -ve habits in 3 weeks flat!
[Radiolab] Breaking News http://www.radiolab.org/story/breaking-news/
- Simon Adler takes us down a technological rabbit hole of strangely contorted faces and words made out of thin air. And a wonderland full of computer scientists, journalists, and digital detectives forces us to rethink even the things we see with our very own eyes.
- Oh, and by the way, we decided to put the dark secrets we learned into action, and unleash this on the internet.
[TEDx] The art of memory: Daniel Kilov https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKt58kuEnk
- Having struggled with organizational skills as a symptom of his poor memory all through high school, Daniel sought out methods to improve his memory.
- It was then that he discovered the "Art of Memory", a loosely associated group of mnemonic principles and techniques used to organize memory impressions, improve recall, and assist in the combination and 'invention' of ideas.
- These techniques are sometimes referred to as mnemotechnics, and are employed by memory athletes to perform remarkable feats of learning.
[TED] JOSHUA FOER - Feats of memory anyone can do https://www.ted.com/talks/joshua_foer_feats_of_memory_anyone_can_do
- There are people who can quickly memorize lists of thousands of numbers, the order of all the cards in a deck (or ten!), and much more.
- Science writer Joshua Foer describes the technique -- called the memory palace -- and shows off its most remarkable feature: anyone can learn how to use it, including him
[Elite Man Magazine] How To Win Every Negotiation with Chris Voss http://elitemanmagazine.com/chris-voss-win-every-negotiation/
- Chris Voss, former FBI Lead International Kidnapping Negotiator, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast!
- Chris talks about his experience successfully negotiating some of the most intense and pressure-cooker situations imaginable and the lessons he learned from this.
- He shares with us his best tips and strategies for negotiating in any type of environment including buying a car, asking your boss for a raise, or making a business deal. If you’re wondering how to win every negotiation that comes your way, check this episode out now!
[Elite Man Magazine] Persuasion, Influence, And Mind Control with Chase Hughes http://elitemanmagazine.com/persuasion-influence-mind-control-chase-hughes/
- Chase Hughes, world-renowned behavioral scientist and the #1 body language expert in the country, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast!
- Chase talks about persuasion, influence, and even using real-life mind control to get others to do whatever you want!
- He shares with us his innovative techniques and tactics for manipulating others to get them to do what you want.